Old 14-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Doug Kanter

"Easy" is an understatement. I got mine from a friend who simply ripped
pieces out of her garden (and I do mean RIPPED - the stems were jagged).
When she arrived with the gift, she tied each stem in a loose overhand knot
and said "They root better if you do that". Stuck them in the ground, and
two weeks later, they were rooted. I didn't question the knot idea because
this was a woman you could not debate anything with unless you had 4 hours
and plenty of pretzels and beer, which I did not at the moment.

"Rob" wrote in message
I don't know why pachysandra is expensive. Like equally pricey
hostas, it's easy to grow, easy to propagate, and doesn't need much
care. Somehow the nurseries have convinced us to pay up.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Flats" of pachysandra seem pretty expensive, but the plants spread
very nicely.