Old 14-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Reel Mckoi wrote:

That pink one is beautiful! I had one just like it from Home Depot and
accidentally gave it away to someone. The tags I put on them faded away
in
the water after 2 years. I haven't seen that color for sale in my area
since. :*(

I got some good ones from Home Depot, but iirc they never did have any
proper identification.

=============================
The ones I have from HD (from 1997 or 98) came with a picture on the package
and the name of the lily. The names may not have been correct. They were
probably imported. In any case all the names have since been lost. The
best tags are those made of metal that you scratch the information on. I
wrote it with a permanent marker on a plastic plant tag. It wasn't very
permanent. I still have all but that beautiful deep pink lily and a
monster white one I gave to someone with a larger pond. That white lily
covered 1/2 the water surface of my 800 gallon pond and was not a good
bloomer.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b