Old 14-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Andy" wrote in message
I was checking on my tubs outside this morning and I found these three
guys hiding inside one.

http://www.pxl8.co.uk/new_guys.jpg

The tub was originally where I put the weed when I rescued it after
spawning. The largest one is a good 1 1/2 inches, guess you can't beat a
natural diet!

I was in Italy in June and brought back a load of duckweed from a
stream, it was full of tiny leeches and I left it the tub for a few
weeks to quarantine - guess the 3 new guys had a nice feast!

You got that right! The fry we netted from the large pond 2 weeks ago are
at least 1/3 larger than most of those being raised in the kiddy-pools.
Those in the kiddy pools have plenty of plants and algae to munch on but I
bet every other critter in there was eaten long ago. Their main diet is
commercial goldfish food.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b