Old 14-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Jim Lesurf

In article , Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message from Jim Lesurf
contains these words:

So can someone recommend a source where I can buy these buy post?

Post? POST? Have you any idea how much that would cost?

Erm... 1st class stamp. The idea is that I post the order+cheque, and
then...

Most builders' merchants deliver.

...they deliver to my order. :-)

They charge delivery, usually a standard charge regardless of
quantity.

Fair enough, that's pretty much what I'd expected. Since I don't own a car
their making a delivery charge seems fine to me. Otherwise I'd have to hire
a taxi with a boot large enough to carry a load of rocks. This can be
quite expensive, so all being well, the delivery charges will cost less.

The odd thing is that the cat doesn't leave a present as the mix of
folded membrane and mulch seem to put it off. But every night it has
another try. Stupid as well as deaf and no sense of smell...

Then it probably isn't cats. Much digging and tossing with no pooh is
far more likely to be birds or possibly foxes looking for worms and
insects.

Quite possibly. See my longer response to Kay's comments on this. It may
indeed not be cats. My concern is to stop the damage regardless of the
identity of the villains involved. :-)

Indeed, I have the impression that there have been fewer sightings of cats
in our garden since I installed the 'scarer', so I'll leave it in place for
a white and see if it reduces the incidence of visits which leave 'gifts'.

Slainte,

Jim

Audio Misc http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/AudioMisc/index.html
Armstrong Audio http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/Audio/armstrong.html