Old 14-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Jean

Rob wrote:
I don't know why pachysandra is expensive. Like equally pricey
hostas, it's easy to grow, easy to propagate, and doesn't need much
care. Somehow the nurseries have convinced us to pay up.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Yarrow and Cosmos for sale at the
nursery this year. They were priced at $3.99 per plant. Yikes! I'd
almost pay someone to dig up and take away some of mine.

My pachysandra came from a woodsy part of a friends property. It was in
a place where they tossed there weeds, and it had taken root and was
almost taking over. It was so dark in there during the day you could
have used a flashlight. This was a few years ago, but I bet if I went
back there would be plenty more by now.

People pay for the convenience, or they don't know any better. ; )

In a yard where I was working one day, the homeowner brought me a flat
of ajuga to plant for her. I told her she could return it and I would
bring her all she wanted from my own yard. She just shrugged her
shoulders, and said it didn't cost much. ($25.00 I looked)

BTW, it's not there anymore. heh heh