Old 15-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Elaine T

Default Yellowing water lettuce

I have some water lettuce plants in shade that are fine but the ones in
the direct sun have outer leaves yellowing and dropping. The pond has
an eastern exposure and gets strong sun from early morning until about 2
pm. The plants with the longest sun exposure have the most yellowing.

I had a bit of chlorosis in all of the plants a couple months ago so I
started fertilizing with iron, trace, N, and K (phosphates are fine
around 0.5 ppm) fishtank-style. Everything greened up nicely except the
outer lettuce leaves. Can too much sun make the outer leaves of water
lettuce go yellow?

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__