Old 15-07-2005, 07:53 AM

John I cannot work with rocks because they so often catch my mower.

I do agree about earthworms and hope that the asphalt shingles increase
the earthworm population.

But I suspect the carcinogen claim or claim of bad chemicals in the
shingles are false claims. People think there are bad chemicals but
have no data.

I suspect that any chemicals in the roof shingles are broken down by
the time they become degraded into the soil.

Can you list, John, a list of the top five bad chemicals in these roof
shingles that you claim would end up in the soil. Again, I would
estimate that all the chemicals would be degraded and altered by the
time the shingles became soil.

I would further guess that any fruit tree or plant that has shingle
mulch compared to non shingle mulch fruit tree that if examined for bad
chemicals as a result of the asphalt. That there would not be any
difference between the two. Apple from an apple tree that uses asphalt
shingle mulch tested against an apple not using those shingles, my
guess is that there is no bad chemical in either one.

Can you provide a list of 5 chemicals you claim are carcinogens in
asphalt shingles and whether those 5 can be uptaken into the plant
tissue. I doubt it.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium