Old 15-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Nina

1 eastern cedar. Not too sure if it would make good bonsai's but I
thought I would give it a try.

They make good bonsai, or at the very least, they are good practice for
making good bonsai. Sometime soon I'll post a picture of "waves of
nausea"; hard to believe, but it's turning into a gorgeous tree.

1 Cotoneaster. I liked the shape of the trunk and bought it thinking
it might make a great bonsai.

They are good trees, but you should find out if you have fire blight in
your state. Cotoneasters are extremely sensitive to the pathogen. If
it's rare in your state, fine; if it's common, you'll need to use a
protective spray.

I got two trees that grow locally that might be interesting bonsai's.
(At least I hope so) I don't know the names of the trees because,
well, I don't know what the tree is. : )

When you find out, let us know. I'm always interested in native
species.

Nice to have you back!

Nina.