Old 13-11-2002, 11:15 AM
Drakanthus

Default Musings on Compost Heaps (and the things you find in them)

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
news
Hi All,

Having excavated and remade my compost heap at the weekend, I was
pondering on a number of items.

2)The number of garden tools a compost heap can "vanish". I suspected my
garden scissors were in the heap as of a few of weeks ago, and sure
enough I found them. What suprised me was the fact my favourite hand fork
was in the heap (admittadbly it had only been there a week!). Oh well, I
should be grateful I found them.

In a similar way that washing machines breed the odd sock, I've found that
compost heaps have the ability to create teaspoons. One of the great
mysteries of life.

Drakanthus.