Old 15-07-2005, 05:25 PM

Now there is another evidence that John is mistaken about asphalt and
bad chemicals although it is not a fine example it is an example none
the less. What I am talking about is the growing propensity of plants
near asphalt roads. Perhaps the propensity is that the asphalt road
provides a large mulch for the trees alongside the road. And whether
any fruit from those trees next to an asphalt road have bad chemical
contents, which I suspect do not.

I think the trouble here is that John and many others are working from
a opinion and belief but not working from actual science research. They
opine that asphalt has bad chemicals and they opine that those bad
chemicals will transfer into the tree and its fruit. But I get the
sense that asphalt roads and asphalt roof shingles that are untreated
have mostly a great benefit to any plant lucky enough to have them as a
mulch. I suspect that by the time the shingles degrade into the soil
that they enrich the soil.

So we need a real science testing and research and not everyone with
their bias opinion saying bad chemicals.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium