Old 15-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Totty

Shirl wrote:
Is it a myth that bees get drunk on nectar? Yesterday I was sitting in
the garden when I saw a big fat bee fall out of a foxglove flower, hit
a leaf and roll down the middle before falling off the end. I also find
them staggering about in the beds, falling on their backs, waving their
fuzzy little legs in the air, buzzing furiously. Are they really drunk?
And if so, what does the queen say when they finally make it home at
three in the morning, singing bee shanties?

Bob

I have also heard that bees get "drunk" on nectar. Apparently, whilst
they are on the backs kicking their legs around, , you can tickle
their tummys!

I often wonder if it is just an overload of pollen in their leg sacs
preventing take-off!

--
Jo