Old 15-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Phil

I have seen some photos of the Tulip Tree on the web, with a particularly
spectacular example of its Autumn foliage at the famous landscaped gardens
at Stourhead in Wiltshire, England.

I found on the ABI (Association of British Insurers) website that only
Willows are likely to do more damage to properties. Tulip Trees are quite
thirsty and likely to extract a lot of water from the soil, which is a big
problem in this part of England as the soil is heavy clay.

Phil

Liriodendron is a *big* forest tree. Native where I grew up in the
eastern US. Not at all suitable for any kind of built-up area --
simply out of scale. It's guaranteed to end up blocking somebody's
light, even if it doesn't do anything dire below ground.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada