Old 15-07-2005, 08:38 PM
lee.christopher

"Nick Maclaren" a écrit dans le message de news:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

I have masses of both the common species, and compost both roots
and stems without drying them out. They have not caused any trouble
in 25 years.

How do you work that out. If you have masses of both they are a
continual problem. Though I have to admit that I quite like the pink
field bindweed that has never given me any problems on heavy clay, and I
let the white form grow in the wild hedges. I let bindweed dry in the
sun before composting - the same with ground elder and thistles.

Eh? Why should I have to work it out?

Neither have ever given me any problem IN THE COMPOST HEAP, but both
are a pain in the arse in the garden.

.............Good excuse for wandering round the garden after a hard day at
the office.

Regards

The same applies to ground
elder and thistles, which I also have (though few of the latter).
The requirement to dry them out before composting is based on an
old wife's tale, though doing so does no harm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.