Old 15-07-2005, 10:13 PM
billfish billfish is offline
Registered User

Location: Alderney, Channel Islands
Default Sand hoppers as alternative to brine shrimp?

This may be a daft question but I'm new to this pond lark. I've heard of feeding goldfish with brine shrimp, a small crustacean. So I read up on them. They are about the size of a sand hopper (also a small crustacean). Where I live there are no aquatic dealers and I would have to buy brine shrimp by mail order. Sand hoppers are plentiful and easy to catch by sinking a bucket into a local shingle beach with a lamp in it at night. I just wondered if there was any reason I shouldn't try a few as feed for my fish? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.