Old 15-07-2005, 09:41 PM
dt

Libralove wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

dt wrote:

Different strokes, man! I prefer the more "natural" look to the
formal. Especially when the formal looks like it cost more than
I'll ever see. I go more to get ideas than to ooh and aah anyway.

I never said anything about natural or formal ponds, I merely stated
that most of the ponds I've seen in the tour are not worthwhile.

Victor Martinez wrote:
dt wrote:

Different strokes, man! I prefer the more "natural" look to the
formal. Especially when the formal looks like it cost more than I'll
ever see. I go more to get ideas than to ooh and aah anyway.

I never said anything about natural or formal ponds, I merely stated
that most of the ponds I've seen in the tour are not worthwhile.

Sorry, Victor, but I differ with your estimation of the annual Austin
pond tour. Some years are better than others because they try to
rotate and have different and new ponds every year.

Some of the ponds will be very new and it takes a couple of years for
them to really grow into the landscape and look natural and
aesthetically married to their surroundings.

The the 3-4 super-duper Austin ponds like Dr. Akins (as good or even
better than the Zilker Tanaguchi pond, IMO) are not on the tour every
year. But if you are into ponds and gardens, seeing all the different
approaches and possibilites from year to year is really amazing and
enlightening. They try to have mostly new/or never toured ponds every
year and some years they are more elaborate and amazing than others.

I have found that there is some wonderful garden landscaping around
many of them as well. I have not seen the ones on this year's tour,
but I will be the volunteering at N5 as ticket taker/ ticket sales.
You can purchase a ticket at any of the ponds on the PDF map on the site.

http://www.austinpondsociety.org/tour2005/

A nice donation will be made to the Marbridge Foundation from proceeds
and $10. for two days of touring all the ponds is a real bargain, IMO.
So... Come on out and stop by N-5 and say hello!!

Best to All -- Libralove

N5, eh? Well, look for a short, bearded, weirdo sometime between 11:00
and noon.

And in Victor's defense, when you get right down to it, they're *all*
just "holes in the ground with fish". ;-)

DT
(except my hole's above-ground...at least temporarily)
http://www.thehungersite.com/