Old 15-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Jim Lewis

Tekmanx wrote:
Did you see the link in my very first post? About the kit, I didn't
plan to start this hobby.. I just saw the kit and was like "Oh this
looks cool, I should try it" I mean it only cost me $5? If that much.
The seeds have already started to germinate. I accidentally pulled one
out being filled with excitement, I thought it was a little pebble atop
my soil. At this rate I think I should have pics up by...say next 3days
with the main stem above soil level.

Sorry if I offended you by buying this... I guess the crooks that sold
it were successful in conning me..

No one was offended at or by you. None of that was aimed at
you, but at the barsteds that market stuff like that to
folks who want to actually "do" bonsai. The seeds seldom
survive much beyond germination. Assuming a few DID
survive, they would take at least 5 years to make a baby
bonsai, and they are NOT trees that would survive indoors
under the best of office conditions.

The result is a disappointed customer who is certain that
the trees died because of something THEY did -- and it was NOT.

So, just have fun with the little seedlings if they sprout
and survive, but take Craig s advice and buy a succulent
that makes a nice bonsai, or perhaps a Ficus of some sort
that has small leaves.

Visit your local library and pick up a book or two on bonsai
and do some reading.

Have fun.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: