Old 16-07-2005, 02:29 AM
Tekmanx

Ok I think I'm starting to narrow it down. I'm now looking into growing
a ficus bonsai. I looked it up in my "Sunset Bonsai" book and it didn't
give a specific zone. Instead it says "Vary by species". Where I'm from
in the Bahamas, I grew up with ficus plants all around.. they have
created a border for my front yard, was the biggest tree at my school I
grew up in. There are many places that just flash back in my mind where
I saw a ficus plant, question is.. what species do these ficus belong
to? Which ficus is the right one for me?

Another question Little off topic here, can any tree be a bonsai tree?
What makes a bonsai....training or the actual parent tree? Hope you get
my drift, what I'm asking is.. is bonsai the name of a type of plant in
the wild.. or the name given to a plant grown with special care in a
shallow pot?

Also, do you guys have any suggestions on where I can purchase bonsai
plants/seeds/accessories from online?

Tekmanx
-Zone 25