Old 13-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Musings on Compost Heaps (and the things you find in them)

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:57:56 -0000, "Druss"
wrote:

I got exactly that this year, put in a new load of fresh garden compost into
the greenhouse and up sprang numerous "extra" tomato plants, and I couldn't
for the life of me work out where they came from. I planted them all outside
and got a really nice crop. There must have been at least a dozen or more
plants crop up.
I guess it must have just been seeds which survived through the compost.
That never even occured to me until I read your post, so many thanks, one
insignificant weight off my mind.
Duncan

What bugs me is that they were by far the best tomato plants I'd ever
had... and I've no way of knowing what variety they were!
Thinking about it only now, the seeds would have come from a
supermarket variety ( I've never grown cherry toms before ) and
presumably, given they came true from seed, I could have saved the
seed!

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk