Old 16-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Teleman" contains these words:

Another good source could be the local council, would you believe?
I got a LOAD of york stone "sets" from mine - really cheap too
And some nice paving slabs (not the usual "Frank Sinatras" either)

Or, local roadworks gangs.

I once passed a council gang a few miles down the road, who were
pulling out scores of beautiful granite curbstones to make a wider road
edged with concrete curbs. On my way back I stopped to ask if I could
buy some granite curbs. The foreman said sadly "If only you'd asked
half an hour earlier, you could have had the lot, free and delivered..it
would have been a blessing to get rid of them so close to the job. He's
just taken them to the landfill..."

:-((((((

Janet.