Old 16-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Colin Hammond wrote:

In message ,
Rhiannon Macfie Miller writes

I've been thinking of getting a peach tree and planting it in our
greenhouse. A relative has done this very successfully in Wales and I
assume there's no reason it wouldn't work well in Scotland.

I purchased a recommended variety, I get large sweet fruit, but the flavour
has always been poor. Perhaps I didn't get the variety I ordered.

Hmm. That's exactly the sort of thing I want to avoid. I've noticed
lately that the peaches in the supermarket don't seem to have as much
flavour these days, and I'd like to get some decent-tasting ones again.
I don't mind size or colour or even somewhat low yield, but I do want
a decent taste and texture.

I'm going into town today, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up a copy
of Kitchen Garden.

Rhiannon