Old 16-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Warren

"Go eat something you're getting grumpy. Any turf manager will set you
straight. NJ is not the center of the universe and you citations are
loaded with holes!! "

You know, you really are quite a moron. I specifically provided you
with links to 3 reputable sources in Arizona that all indicated
watering a lawn at night was OK in Arizona. ARIZONA, got that? Last
time I checked, that was part of the desert southwest, not NJ, so stop
the NJ BS. The very area where you claimed night watering was
completely unacceptable and that I was wrong. Two respected university
agricultural services and a major turf grass producer had advice that
is consistent with mine. And Steveo, who is a turf grass
professional, told you earlier in this thread that he does all his
watering at night in Ohio and has no problems. But apparently you
think you know more than all of us, yet you're incapable of
demonstrating that to anyone here, with responses like "NJ is not the
center of the universe" and "your citations are loaded with holes."

We're getting way off course here. The original question was "Is there a
best time of day to water the lawn?" The answer is yes, and that time isn't
at night.

Yes, some people water at night, and don't have fungal problems. Some people
water during the day, and don't have evaporation problems, either. That
doesn't make either of those times the best time.

Recent studies have shown that some people who normally drink lots of
caffeine do not suffer from the same diuretic effects that are often cited
as a reason for people not try to rehydrate with caffeine beverages when
dehydrated. That doesn't mean that Coke is the best thing to drink to
rehydrate.

If you don't have fungal problems after watering in the evening or too early
at night, that's wonderful for you. It, however, does not mean that night is
the best time to water, nor does your experience qualify as a reason to deny
that fungal problems from night watering can be a serious problem for some
people.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/