Old 16-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Suzie-Q

Default What do I do with the plants now?

Okay, so I bought a plant (oz-something sword?) and just dropped
it into my betta's 2.5 gallon tank. He liked it so much that I
decided to buy another plant (mini sword?). This time I read the
plant sign on the tank(s) at Wal-Mart. It said that I should
remove the plant from the plastic "pot" and then remove the
stuff that the plant is planted in -- some sort of fibrous stuff.
And then I'm supposed to stick the roots under the gravel to
anchor it and allow the roots to grow into the gravel.
When I tried to separate the plant/roots from the fibrous stuff,
I had the hardest time. Might have damaged the plant. It seems
that the sign/instructions also said something like that, by
removing the plant from the stuff, or by removing the stuff, there
would be less nutrients in the water (plant nutrients, which they
made sound like a good thing).

Okay, so should I remove the plant from this fibrous stuff or not?

I still have the oz-something sword in the plastic pot and fibrous
stuff.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot. I am where aquariums are concerned.

Thanks in advance.

(Note to Elaine: Looked at pix on your website and couldn't believe
how many plants you had in your old aquarium(s). I plan to buy many
plants when I set up my 10 gallon aquarium -- if I can figure out
what I'm doing!)
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~