Old 16-07-2005, 06:08 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:21:46 GMT, Ron in Radio Heaven wrote:

The plants in my pond had gotten so thick that it was
almost impossible to see the fish, I had to use the long
handled net to push the aside just so I could the fish.
I wanted something to use to make a feeding ring
that might stay clear or plants. I thought about trying a
piece a clear tubing from the home center but this hadn't
worked very good in the past since plants and easily
sneak under it. Then I happened to remember that a few years
ago my wife had brought home some of the black PVC
garden edging, a 10 foot piece of it was laying behind the
garage. It's about 4 inches wide with a tube about 3/4" at the
top and a smaller tube at the bottom. It comes with a joiner
tube that fits inside the large top tube. I used a piece about
8 feet long to make a circle. It works GREAT.
Since it's black it almost disappear, the 4 inch width keeps
plants from sneaking under it.
It's like having a window into the pond.
The fish knew what it was for, as soon as I walk
up to the pond that come right to the ring wanting to get fed.
Ron

Good idea. Now if you want more open water, one can always put the plants
(water hyacinth, lettuce) in the feeding ring and contain them rather than
let them spread out. Suppose to make them bloom. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~