Old 17-07-2005, 03:00 AM
Paul

Great idea.
"Ron in Radio Heaven" wrote in message
The plants in my pond had gotten so thick that it was
almost impossible to see the fish, I had to use the long
handled net to push the aside just so I could the fish.
I wanted something to use to make a feeding ring
that might stay clear or plants. I thought about trying a
piece a clear tubing from the home center but this hadn't
worked very good in the past since plants and easily
sneak under it. Then I happened to remember that a few years
ago my wife had brought home some of the black PVC
garden edging, a 10 foot piece of it was laying behind the
garage. It's about 4 inches wide with a tube about 3/4" at the
top and a smaller tube at the bottom. It comes with a joiner
tube that fits inside the large top tube. I used a piece about
8 feet long to make a circle. It works GREAT.
Since it's black it almost disappear, the 4 inch width keeps
plants from sneaking under it.
It's like having a window into the pond.
The fish knew what it was for, as soon as I walk
up to the pond that come right to the ring wanting to get fed.

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend,
Happy ponding.

Ron