Old 16-07-2005, 11:19 PM
ned

Mike Lyle wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "ned" contains these words:

But, just wait for the howls of protest. :-))

It/'s a shame to disappoint him
folks....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Lets hear ir for fleas YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
And vineweevils, cute ickle baby insects , AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Also, I am waving a banner, an Arran one, and wearing
sandals....shall I pierce an extremity,

................ Heaven forbid, Janet!

or are you feeling better
now?

:~}

Not really. I wasn't hoping for a howl. But, I thought it might be
inevitable.
I do a bit of gardening, so I lurk here ..... and learn. Never too old
for that.
But, I'm also a bit of an amateur naturalist and am aware that many
urglers are very focussed gardeners with little tolerance for the wild
world which intrudes into their domain. However, while I cut the lawn
and weed the borders and trim the hedges, I can still take great
pleasure from all the natural inhabitants I *share* my patch with.

Why, I wonder, do some people think Usenet is a mechanism for
generating howls of protest?

........ See above. :-)

(No, OK, don't answer that: it's like
some little boys think a Peugeot hatchback is a mechanism for
generating rhythmic thuds. All I can say is, when I had one I didn't
use it that way, and I don't generally employ my bit of Usenet to

get
howls of protest, either. I bet small-n ned has a Fiesta.)

Sorry big-M Mike big-L Lyle. Lost your bet, big time! :-)
'Got to admit that I started off with a 1936 Ford 8 but, that was some
50 years ago.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk