Old 17-07-2005, 04:37 AM
Sean Houtman

wrote in
ups.com:

Dano wrote:

Wow. Fantastically bad idea.

1. All that absorbed heat will affect plant tissue near shingles.
2. Heavy metals in manufacture.
3. Gas exchange modification.
4. Other mulches return nutrients to the soil (try, say, 8 in, of
straw, or cardboard and grass clippings).
5. You'll look like a kook.

Really. Natural mulches, please.

Tar paper pots that many plants come in. Take tar-paper pots to
each of your above and see how silly and stupid is your attitude
and argument.

Tar paper pots? I don't believe that I have seen these, and an
internet search didn't find anything. Most of the results involved
putting tar paper down on your basement when you grow pot. Searching
for "tar paper pot" only found one site. I am familiar with a couple
of types of peat based pots, are they what you refer to?

Sean