Old 13-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Robert cubitt

Default Slug-resistant potatoes

Well, in my opinion one variety is pretty much as good as another. I've grown
dozens, 3 or 4 varieties each year. One year they'll get slug damage, the next
they get blighted. Then they'll all do brilliantly. I find the varieties that
grow best are from the tubers I overlook & leave in the ground. These always
seem to produce big crops with no disease.
My current theory is that I should leave a lot more space between plants, so
I'll be doing that this year. I've also had good results using organic seed,
but maybe this was just luck. Who is the God of potatoes anyway. Is he Mexican?

Blob