Old 17-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Tim Tompkins

I have know people to use lamp shades, small ones like you might find on a
bed side table lamp. Taped to a stick or dowel and the top opening covered
with cheese cloth.

Some folks have used nylon mesh fabric, something like pantyhose to keep the
critters off the bloom.

Personally I 'cut' early and put the blooms in buckets in the garage.

Just a few techniques,

Tim
"Martin" wrote in message
Recently I have been asked how I keep my roses so clean with all the bad
weather that's around. My method is to use a coffee cup over every

potential
HT as soon as the sepals open.
I would be interested to hear from other exhibitors as to the methods they
use, I'm sure that there must be nearly as many different designs as there
are exhibitors?

Mart