Old 17-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Why, I wonder, do some people think Usenet is a mechanism for
generating howls of protest? (No, OK, don't answer that: it's like
some little boys think a Peugeot hatchback is a mechanism for
generating rhythmic thuds. All I can say is, when I had one I didn't
use it that way, and I don't generally employ my bit of Usenet to get
howls of protest, either. I bet small-n ned has a Fiesta.)

A short while ago one of those thud-thudmobiles stopped in traffic next
to me, all windows open, and I remarked "****'* * ***** **-*** *****

My words being inaudible, the passenger turned the volume down to zero,
and I repeated: "That's a nasty big-end knock you've got there!"

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/