Old 17-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "ned" contains these words:

The Ford 8 (model Y, 4 cylinder side valve, 8 HP) was one of Henry
Fords early production line models. Famed for the sales line, "You can
have any colour, so long as it's black."

I thought that was the Model T...

(BICBW)

Cost £100 new in 1936, mine cost me £120 in 1955.
It was reknowned for reliability but not speed.
I'm ashamed to say that in my impetuous youth I accepted a challenge
to race an Aston Martin. The Aston won hands down - and it was in
reverse!
I think the Ford V8 Pilot was quite a bit later. A monster compared to
the Model Y.
Ah me. That stirred some cobwebs.

Yes, I have a tale of V8 pilots.

Apologies for OT digressions.