Old 17-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

I don't think people should, generally, use sprinklers, except for
special purposes or as occasional hot-weather treats for the
children. But when I did use them, and observing other people's, I
found that any amateur one with the slightest complication in its
design would almost unfailingly fail very soon -- often as soon as
the lovely and talented Miss P says.

We had a rotary jet one in the 'fifties, and it's favourite use was to
put it in the middle of the lawn and set the dog on it...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/