Old 17-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:

even leaves which have sprouted not too long ago have brown
developing, not from the edges like how normal leaves die, but from
smatterings of brown from the centers of the leaves.

i'm not a very experienced gardener but i've gotten attached to these
plants...

At this time of the year I find mine needs prodigious amounts of water.
#

You could also check for red spider - tiny insects giving a dust-
speckled appearance to the underside.

Scale insect can also cause those symptoms. I got rid of a scale insect
infestation on an avocado with an aerosol insecticide - Sybol. (Tree now
completely clear of the things, BTW)

Look for little dark brown 'limpets' on the stem, and smaller tawny ones
on the underside of the leaves.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/