Old 17-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Gareee©

"Courageous" wrote in message

Aerobic bacteria suck down oxygen like no tomorrow.

And, um, Aerobi means?

Air-breathing. Your pond is alive with them, they break down
waste. But they need oxygen to live.

ah, ok.

A well designed pond will often have two pumps. One to power
the skimmer (to get floaters off the top), and one to circulate
lower water, to oxygenate the pond.

You don't really need a bubbler, if you have the right set up,
but it will work okay if you don't.

How big is your pond, how many gallons per hour is your current
pump?

Not sure of the exact size, but it's 13x13x, 1.5-3 feet deep.

The spitter is a 2-3 foot tall gargoyle, and it pulls from the homeade
plastic milk carton furnace filter I built from recommendations here.
(Though it doesn't seem to be doing much of a job at all of removing the
floating dead algae.)

This is the first time I've ever seen the fish all together doing the gaping
thing.. maybe it's some common group behaviour as well?

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply