Old 17-07-2005, 08:01 PM
JennyC

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
Matt Durkin wrote:
:: Hi All,
:: I seem to have a number of plants that prefer pure water (as opposed to
:: our very hard tap water).
:: I only have a very small garden and nowhere to easily catch rainwater.
:: Is there anything I can do to treat the tapwater so as to remove the
:: salts that my plants don't like.

Use the rainwater from your house roof, you can get an adapter which fits
onto your downspout and directs the rainwater into a water butt....the ones
I've seen don't allow the butt to overflow and re-directs surplus water into
your drains.

Phil, OP mentions NOT having room for a water butt .........

I wonder if boiled (then cooled!) water would do ?
Or maybe water sold for irons?
Jenny