Old 17-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Rod Craddock

"Glen Able" wrote in message
Hello gardening chums,

I just bought a Hozelock 'Dial Sprinkler'. You can rotate the dial part
choose one of 5 sprinkling patterns (rectangle, circle etc)
Unfortunately,
the sprinkling effect is pathetic - the water literally just dribbles out.
Water pressure is ok - the problem seems to be that much of the water is
just pouring out of the bottom. In fact I can't see what is supposed to
stop that happening, unless there's some sort of missing part which should
seal the base. Anyone using one of these successfully?

frustratedly yours...

Just throw that away and buy cheap simple robust commercial sprinklers like
the Rotoframe type. No adjustments so it sprays a cirlcle and that's that.
But solid brass simple design means they last almost forever and hardly ever
get blocked. Choose the size to suit your water pressure. They usually come
with 1/2" or 3/4" bsp fitting to screw into a standpipe you can make up
yourself from standard plumbing bits or you can at a price buy them already
fitted to a sled or standpipe. for veg I use them on a 1metre riser. Online
suppliers seem to be few and far between - we buy them from LBS but they
seem only to deal with trade customers now. A quick Google produced this
one - don't know anything about them.

http://www.wisewatersolutions.co.uk/...prinklers.html

--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.