Old 17-07-2005, 08:18 PM
keith ;-\)

You are Wrong!

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.
"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
JennyC wrote:
:: "Phil L" wrote in message
:: . uk...
::: Matt Durkin wrote:
::::: Hi All,
::::: I seem to have a number of plants that prefer pure water (as opposed
::::: to our very hard tap water).
::::: I only have a very small garden and nowhere to easily catch

rainwater.
::::: Is there anything I can do to treat the tapwater so as to remove the
::::: salts that my plants don't like.
:::
::: Use the rainwater from your house roof, you can get an adapter which
::: fits onto your downspout and directs the rainwater into a water
::: butt....the ones I've seen don't allow the butt to overflow and
::: re-directs surplus water into your drains.
::
:: Phil, OP mentions NOT having room for a water butt .........

I read it as him having nowhere to collect it *from*, IE a shed or
greenhouse roof

::
:: I wonder if boiled (then cooled!) water would do ?
:: Or maybe water sold for irons?
:: Jenny

TBH I can't imagine that any plants would care one way or another, many
animals are water based (us included) and hardness/softness is of no
importance!

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.