Old 18-07-2005, 01:58 AM
joe

Paul H. Smith wrote:

I have a newly sodded bermuda lawn about 4 months old, and I have crab
grass and some other kind of weedy grass that looks like rescue all over
the place. I also have brown spots throughout yard.

I am a do-it-myselfer (aka cheap) and hate the idea of resorting to
calling a service like TruGreen. I have sprayed the entire lawn with
Ortho weed killer and Ortho crabgrass killer, but the stuff won't die.
Does the Ortho stuff work, or is there something better I should be
using? We have gotten a lot of rain this season in north Georgia, but I
sprayed when ground was dry and it didn't rain for a couple of days
after. I wonder if this stuff only works during a very dry season when
the weeds need water.

Anyway, does anyone know a good regemine to eliminate everything but the
bermuda and cure the brown spots? What should I use for each and how
often? Or would it just be cheaper to call a lawn service for a couple
of summers until the yard gets established?

Thanks,
Paul

sometimes it takes an application or 3 to kill some weeds, better to
spot treat just the weeds. it takes time for a yard to grow in good
just aerate in the growing season june to august once or twice and a
little fertilizer 2-3 times during same period. lime in winter