Old 18-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 7/17/2005 6:00:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I am looking for a care sheet for an Itoigawa juniper.

From the catalog at
www.evergreengardenworks.com

Juniperus chinensis 'Itoigawa Shimpaku' This Shimpaku is quite different from
the above. It is a bright green color and the foliage is smaller, stiffer and
more open when left unpruned. Pinched regularly it will be similar in
appearance to Shimpaku except for its bright green color. It develops a trunk
slightly faster than 'Shimpaku'. Rare.

Like all Junipers you need to get the plant outdoors in full light. It
needs to be well watered when it dries out but not kept soggy.
I have one that I am growing in a 10 inch bulb pan. The media is 50/50
(or so) Turface and cypress mulch. I water daily here on the Space Coast.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++