Old 17-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Mama Bear

Default How does catnip ever survive?

I thought it would be fun to grow some catnip and watch the cats
play with it, so I planted a couple of small plants across from the
front door. I understand the stuff can grow to 3-4' tall.

The problem is that the cats won't let it. One of them was pounded
into the ground, it looked like some cat had been rolling around on
it. The other was messed up but not as badly. And we have cats
walking back and forth across the yard all day now, and we don't
even own one.

So I put a wire screen around the plants to see if they could grow
some. But it looks like one of them is still getting reached by the
cats, right through the wire. The wire has about 2x4" holes, but I
thought I circled it far enough from the plants so cats couldn't
reach them.

How do you grow catnip without the cats stopping it before it grows
to a decent size like that?

--
- Mama Bear