Old 17-07-2005, 10:03 PM

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 05:48:49 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

"Jean B." wrote in :

My favorite seed starter is a clear plastic 64 oz. juice bottle. Drill
holes in the bottom and in the sides near the top. If you cut a mouth
wash bottle in half, it makes a good funnel for the soil. Cut the juice
ottle open when it's time to get the plant(s) out. It's practically
idiot-proof.

Well idiots are extremely clever, I can vouch for that.

I cut around most of the juice bottle about 4" from the bottle,
leaving just a little that I can hinge back. That makes it easy to
hinge back and add the soil and seeds. I then seal the bottle with
duct tape until the seedlings are ready to get used to the outdoors.
Then I take the tape off and let it hinge back more and more with
time.

Swyck