Old 17-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Ray

With high-speed internet access, it's quite good. My brother-in-law, with
whom I tested the dial-up connection, said it wasn't bad at all.

Quality of the microphone does make a difference. I have a $15 Labtec.

There are over 1.8 million people online as I type this, and I've seen it a
million more and there have never been issues.

What's neat is that for $35 per year you can get a phone number for your
connection so land lines can call you, and for that again, an answering
service that works even when you're offline! Between my First Rays phone,
home phone, office phone and cell phone, all of which have both of those, I
don't see the need, but it's there if you need it.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Hi, Ray,

How's the quality? My sister in NY uses a system like that sometimes, and
I could strangle her every time she calls me thru it. Lots of cut outs.
From what I've been hearing, though, the technology is improving.

Diana