Old 17-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Dave Fouchey

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:41:45 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

One of the potential negatives is that VOIP providers do not (yet) have to
provide a 911 link. On a land line, it's pretty obvious where it's coming
from, but on the internet???

I am not advocating it for regular use, but it certainly has cut down the
cost of conversing with my Mom, or my wife and her sisters.

It seemed to be full-duplex when I spoke to my mother last night - no
cutting each other off.

FCC has recently mandated 911 support be provided by VOIP providers
Ray that problem should be corrected shortly. Dave