Old 18-07-2005, 02:45 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

If you can handle koi, they seem more likely that goldfish to eat
duckweed. Our koi take care of all the string algae and the duckweed.

Jim

wrote:
I bought a house with a man made pond about 15' in diameter. 60% of
the surface covered with either pond plants or shade from surrounding
trees. I have a waterfall pump circulating water from one side through
a hose to the other side where it spills it back into the pond.
Unfortuneatly, the surface has been growing a green algae and also
thousands of tiny yellow/green seeds or leaves are in the pond. Are
those tiny seeds part of the algae or a product of one of the pond
foliage? I currently don't have any fish in the pond; would adding
fish make that go away? If not, what can I do to keep it relatively
clean?
thanks!!