Old 18-07-2005, 03:21 AM
DigitalVinyl

PatK wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a problem with one of my zucchini plants and I can't figure it
out. We've had a bit of rain the past week and my zucchini plant has
fallen over and looks like it's wilting. It was doing great up until we
got the rain. I first thought maybe the rain knocked it over, but it
seems to be wilting. It looks like the root isn't broken or anything.
Any ideas?

Follow the main stem and see if there is a lesion or point where the
dieback started. Some squash bugs burrow into the stalk and you'll get
die-off from that point out. If the squash reroots along the stem this
can help avoid it. I lost one of the three I planted early on from
bugs that burrowed in the stem. Otherwise I would expect it to be a
bacterial/disease or somethign attacking the roots.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph