Old 18-07-2005, 03:57 AM
?

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:04:25 -0400 in Ray wrote:

My brother-in-law, the IT professional, turned me onto it while we were at
the beach, and I now have it on my home PC, my work laptop and my Pocket PC.
At work, the network managers have the particular ports blocked, but it
works if I use dial-up. Theoretically it has to have at least a 33.6k
connection, but I spoke to my brother-in-law just fine at 24k.

Talk with your brother in law. If you have broadband at home, odds are
he can find something that'll let you tunnel through most firewalls
using the https port (Instant messenger ports are also frequently wide
open with respect to destination IP address).
However, if you work for a company in the financial industry (Bank,
brokerage company, insurance company, General Motors), DO NOT DO THIS.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil