Old 11-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Pam

Default Wisteria Question

Lilly wrote:

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:50:47 GMT, Pam wrote:

Wisteria need heavy and frequent pruning to produce lots of flowers.
Similar to many fruit trees, flowers are produces on spurs. PlantAmnesty
has some of the best pruning information available for this area - this
link should be a big help.
http://www.plantamnesty.org/pruning_...t_wisteria.htm
Right now is an ideal time to prune wisteria, but you will need to do
again several times during the summer - as Cass Turnbull said, "wisteria
is Latin for 'work'."

your climate zone - the majority of western WA is zone 8, specially
anywhere within 30 minutes of the Sound. Higher elevations (Issaquah
plateau, Cascade & Olympic foothills) are probably closer to a 7.

Damn! Thanks gal! We're in Snohomish, near Lake Stevens. A local
nursery said zone 8, but sometimes those folks give different
information according to which one of em you ask. }

Hey, by the way, I was reading something you wrote a while back about
blackberry canes... well they abound here as well, all the way down to
the creek. The husband says a goat will take care of that nicely, lol!

I'd love to have a goat - not for the blackberries, which are a pernicious,
if tasty menace - but they frown on that in the Shoreline area. Can't imagine

pam - gardengal