Old 18-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Mike Patterson

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:58:47 -0700, Otto Pylot
wrote:

snip

We added a red-eared slider to our 1200 gallon pond a few months ago to
take care of our population boom of mosquito fish. As far as we can
tell he hasn't touched the fish (mosquito, Shubunkin's, and koi) but
has decimated some of our plants. We've seen him eat garden snails that
have fallen into the pond but that's all. Not too sure what we can do.

It's been about 3 weeks now, he's completely detroyed one lily while
leaving 2 others alone, and he seems to like taking bites out of the
pickerel rush leaves, but otherwise all is well.

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin