Old 14-11-2002, 03:17 PM
Victoria Clare

Default lisianthus

I notice Thompson and Morgan are offering plants of this in their '2003
preview' catalogue. I've liked these as cut flowers for a while, but can
find no info on growing them in the UK - they seem to be only grown as
commercial cut flowers.

Does anyone grow these, and what sort of conditions do they like? I can
offer them pots in the sun, or a range of part-shaded sheltered beds -
would either be suitable? I'm guessing they are tender - could they be
overwintered in greenhouse, shed or on windowsill?

I have light stony slightly acidic soil (but plenty of potting compost!)

http://www.dontveter.com/howtogrow/eustgran.html has info on growing them
in Chicago, but I'd like a UK perspective.

Victoria Clare