Old 18-07-2005, 06:34 AM
Gareee©

"Courageous" wrote in message

You really need to look at the unit cost of water moved. Cost of
operations can really get ya. The Sequence 750 is one of the most
cost effective gallons-moved-to-watts-burned pumps on the market.

Where's the best place to purchase it, and what kind of monthly
costs am I looking at?

It's 160 watts. As for what you pay for that, that's 160 watts
times 24 hours = 3.8 kilowatt hours per day. You move over 3000
gallons per hour at that price. Do note that Sequence pumps
aren't submersible; also, they aren't capable of driving large
head (height) applications. They are designed specifically
to move the maximum amount of water for the least price at
minimal head.

The best price I've seen on the pump is the "member's price"
at AZ Ponds (http://www.azponds.com). Please be aware that I
haven't actually bought anything from them, though.

With these pumps, it pays to shop. I've seen them priced well
over /double/ at some places.

I was thinking of adding a uv lamp to help eliminate the algae, (though
that's almost a non issue for now)

Can these be using in conjunction with a uv lamp?

Also, we were considering a waterfall (not huge), but the lift is about 4.5
feet.. can they handle that?

A concern I'm having, is how much constant water agitation we might end up
with.. the spitter, the bubblers, and now this as well.

Not a huge deal, but I don;t want it to look like there's a whirlpool in my
yard instead of a pond.. LOL!

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm