Old 14-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Carol Russell

Default do I need a greenhouse?

Hi all

Winter is coming and I was thinking of building some kind of plastic
greenhouse in my small parterre. I have rosemary, thym, roses,
lavender, begonias and geraniums. I don't know if they will make it
through the winter without protection of not, what do you think? This
is the Netherlands, so the climate should be close to the east coast
of UK.
If so I am doubting between using transparent plastic bags, one for
each plant, or building a more decent greenhouse with poles, plastic
panels, etc...

Thanks a lot for your help
Antonio

Begonia and geraniums wont make it through if there is frost which I

suppose
is a certainty at some time. The others will be OK as long as the roots

dont
freeze (these are all in pots, correct?).

If when you say geraniums you mean geraniums they are hardy, pelargoniums
(which some people call geraniums) are not. I am supprised that in the
thread to date nobody has